A warm welcome to the parish of Almondbury with
Farnley Tyas in the Diocese of West Yorkshire and the Dales 


Peek into the past with All Hallows' Church

All Hallows' is a beautiful church, which has been a place of prayer for the Almondbury community in times of joy and sadness for around 900 years. A guide book is available in church giving more information about its history.


The Chancel Windows

The East Window

                         St Elizabeth, St John the Baptist and St Helen, circa 1450
The mediaeval window in the Kaye Chapel, dated 1422 - 1450, shows St John the Baptist, his mother Elizabeth and St Helen with the Cross of Jesus.  

 The reredos, made of Caen stone

The reredos, made of Caen stone


The organ, circa 1972

The Beaumont chapel, which now houses the organ.


Wakefield and Lichfield cathedrals, and Almondbury church



The Angel screen

The angels


Medieval window of St Barbara, St Margaret and St Ann, circa 1422


Nave, showing the Tudor ceiling





The 1914-1918 War Memorial is on the north pillar of the chancel arch, under the Reims Crucifix, which was rescued from the burnt out ruins of Reims Cathedral by one of the Almondbury clergy who was serving as an Army Chaplain. In 1918 the Archbishop of Reims gave permission for the crucifix to be kept in Almondbury as part of the War Memorial.




St Cuthbert with his otter!


The first contact most people have with the church is at their baptism (christening), when they are welcomed into the family of God. This takes place at the font, which marks the beginning of their Christian journey. This is why fonts are traditionally placed near the main entrance to a church. Our ten foot high font cover is Tudor (circa 1500) and was restored when the font was moved to its present position at the west end of the church in 1874, and then more recently in 1936. 


The northern saints!


 We're a Church of England team parish in the diocese of Wakefield. Please contact us if you would like to find out more.




Community Web Kit provided free by BT